About our Houses
Our premium houses are made from quality materials:
- The timber cladding we use is typically 18mm Russian Redwood Shiplap, which is pressure treated with Tanalith E. Framing is typically Scandinavian 38mm x 32mm PAR and is also pressure treated.
- House and nest box floors are made from 18mm WBP ply.
- For our Utility Houses we use Coroline corrugated sheeting for the roof, with Weldmesh below to deter predators.
- We use galvanised Weldmesh rather than chicken wire on our houses for strength and a better finish.
- All hardware is either galvanised or BZP-E.
- Screws and nails are galvanised or stainless steel.
Our premium houses are very well made...
- We take a pride in what we make and pay attention to detail.
- All cut timber ends are sanded and re-treated.
- All joints are either glued and screwed, or glued and joined with steel corrugated fasteners.
- The cladding is fixed in place using galvanised coil nails for strength.
Our premium houses are easy to look after...
- They are easy to clean and feature removable panels, perches and most feature external nest boxes.
- Because they are tanalised, they will last for a long time without any further treatment. However a quick coat of animal friendly preservative from time to time will keep them looking their best!
Our premium houses represent value for money....
- They are not be the cheapest on the market, but you get what you pay for - hand crafted with quality materials.
- They'll stand the test of time. Please remember - buy cheap, buy twice.